Thursday, May 8, 2008

OT Bloggers

In poking through more OT blogs, I came across this one: http://oteducation.wordpress.com/
It is authored by a lecturer in New Zealand and, according to another OT blogger, played an important part in promoting OT blogging! I have been posting questions on other OT blogs as well as learning much from reading through the thoughts of these practitioners. Some blogs have been quite amusing http://otstudents.blogspot.com/ and others incredibly informative http://technots.blogspot.com/.

Blogging seems to be a highly effective way of sharing information and networking and it seems that many OTs and OT students are accessing blogs as resources. I think I will use blogs as resources for giving and receiving new ideas and advice in future practice. I think it's great that a virtual community of OT bloggers has developed and I am glad to be a part of it!

2 comments:

Anita Hamilton said...

Hi Oh Tea! I like your ponderings and musings... sounds like me when I first started!!! I've found some OT blogs that are about practice, one in particular is MetOT. You will find it if you "google" it. Cheers, Anita. PS: I like your reference to the TechnOT's blog... is that becasue it's mine? :-P

Merrolee said...

Anita... now how come you are so important! "-)

Welcome Oh, Tea.. to the OT blogging community which is now starting to grow exponentially!!! I hope you find it as useful a tool for reflection/learning/communication as the rest of us active online bloggers. not sure if you have a blogging roll going - but if you would like to see a master OT student blogger.. then check out www.otstudents.blogspot.com